Friday, March 26, 2010

To Wait

Waiting is defined as:

1.to stay in a place or remain in readiness or in anticipation (until something expected happens or for someone to arrive or catch up)

2.to be ready or at hand

3.to remain temporarily undone or neglected

I wait, this is my gift and curse, it's something I do well, I'm patience, and persistent. I'm a waiter, I wait on people and wait for people. This series of work is an attempt to share and explain what it was like to spend years waiting, to be alone, but not really alone, waiting to be whole, waiting to be broken. It's an endless cycle. I waiting for the world to start and wait for it to stop. Wondering what it would be like to have someone wait on me, or if someone does.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord,
And I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life..
-Phil Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment